Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tada!!!! Here it is:

So I have finally done it! I am starting a blog. I will be posting the ever popular Elam quotes and stories but also just the everyday life and moments of a mom. Some will be inspiring I'm sure (jk) and some not so pretty. I am going to try and be as honest as I can because I am sure there are others of you that may read this that have gone or will go through the same thing. Sometimes I just feel it is refreshing to know maybe you aren't the only mom who has felt that way or has gone through something. Feel free to comment and tell your story too or maybe what has helped you. So enough about what I am going to talk about.....Let's talk.

So yesterday, I posted a status update of a quote Elam gave me. In case you missed it, it went a little something like this. Elam was having trouble picking up his left leg to put his clothes on. He kept saying it was hurting him so we went to visit the chiropractor I work for. He came in and said, "Hey Elam! What's going on?" Elam's reply was, "Well, my leg's on too tight and I need you to fix it."

What I didn't tell you is that 10 minutes later we were leaving and in the car when Elam said, "mom, I want pizza for lunch. Can we go to pizza bell." Then seconds later without missing a beat, he looks over at the car next to us (we were at a stop light) and with the window rolled up (thank God) he says, "Hey, don't you people have jobs?" lol.

This is my daily life with Elam. He is constantly saying things that crack me up and people always tell me I should write them down but I think oh I will remember. Not true so I have decided this is probably the best way to remember the funny things he says.

Here are a few examples:

At 2 he said:
You don't call me Elam. You call me break dancer.

Elam: Daddy, I love you. Nathan: What makes you love me? Elam: my heart

Me: Elam who made you so cute? Elam: Jesus

Elam during a thunderstorm: God please make the thunder go to the south pole with the penguins.

at 3 he so far has said:

once again during his prayer during a thunderstorm: Help me to remember you are just bowling.

tonight: Elam how do you have so much energy when you have been up since 6:30? Elam: Jesus gives me energy.

Sunday my mother in law said I think we should go see the Michael Jackson movie and Elam looked at her straight faced and said, "Mimi, you can't see that movie." Ronda: "Why, Elam?" Elam: "Because he's dead."

This one is maybe a little TMI but it was very funny. One night he came out of his room at bedtime and said, "Mom, I need to poop. My tummy is hurting." A few minutes later I walked in to check on him and said, "Elam are you doing okay?" He said, " Yes but my poop was having sword fights in my belly and it was hurting so bad."

And the last one I can thing of off hand was not so much something he said but something he did. He went potty before bed and I was waiting for him in his room. He said, "Mom, I need to give sis a kiss and hug good night." So i watched him walk to her in the jumperoo. He very sweetly leaned over and kissed her and hugged her. It was like something dreams are made of. You know when you are dreaming of the day you will be married and have kids and how your kids are going to be the best kids in the whole world and they are going to love each other and never fight. You know those kind of dreams. lol. It was just such a sweet moment that melted my heart. And as she is looking up at him smiling from ear to ear he turns around and with he bare butt puts his butt right in her face. I said Elam Douglas get up here. Then I hid my face and laughed as much as I could before he walked in the room. He came to the room and I said, " Elam that is not funny." He looked at me and said "Well, mom. Then why are you laughing." lol

I know this entry is long but hang with me because I am sure that there will be many more funny stories to tell and then next ones won't be as long.

Until next time which might be tomorrow with all this kids material. lol

P.S. I forgot to tell you the reason behind the name of my blog. so here it is

The story behind the name: One night I was trying to to explain to Elam just how much I love him. I said, "Do you see how far away the moon is? I love you all the way there and back." He thought that was so cool. A few weeks later he stayed the night with my parents. He was laying in their bed talking to them and said, "I really miss my mom. You know, she loves me to the moon and back." It meant so much to him to understand how much I love him. It just makes me think, how much more does God love us. He loves us so much he created the moon for us.

3 comments:

  1. Love love love it! I read a few new ones! Like the jobs haha I wish I could hear his thoughts even though he is very good at letting us know what he is thinking. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for new blogs and yours just totally made my list! :) I've got to say that the Michael Jackson one is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I am loving this already! He is such a funny/ sweeeeeet kid! Keep posting. i hope that Tristan can be an inspiration like Elam. :)

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete