Sunday, November 8, 2009

You saved my life

Yesterday my mom and dad decided to come over and help Nathan and I with some house projects. We had planned on getting the house washed, painting our front door, cleaning out the gutters and my mom and I were going to redo the kids bathroom.

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but it seems like when you start doing house projects something always breaks, you forget something and have to make your 3rd trip to the store, or you spill something and make an even bigger mess. Well this is the kind of stuff that happened to us all day. It happened so much that by the end of the night it was comical to me.

My mom and I started on the bathroom first, needless to say we never got around to painting the front door. We started trying to get the wallpaper border off and that was disastrous. Please if you are contemplating wall paper border in any room of your house...don't do it!!! Even if it matches perfectly. See someone had wall papered a border in the bathroom. Then the genius who came along after that decided to wall paper over it. Well it is nearly impossible to take off. So my mom and I being the next genius's that came along decided this is too much so we will just wall paper on top of it too. Well we couldn't find any wall paper so then we said for not let's just paint it so it doesn't look crazy and then when we find something we will wall paper it. Oh my word! It looks crazier after we got done with it. lol. If you guys ever need someone to paint my mom and I would love to help. lol.

So, while this is all going on my wonderful father in law decided that on his day off (which he doesn't get very often) he wanted to pick up Elam and spend the day with him. This helped us soo much because I'm sure if you have a toddler or preschooler you know that paint and little hands don't mix always in a good way. My husband had talked to my father in law and said if you aren't hanging out with him today he is going to go ahead and have a nap and Elam overheard this. My father in law said that Elam told him in the car, "Thank you papas. You saved my life." lol. Man if kids only knew how much they would love naps when they are older they would be napping all the time. lol

Overall it was a productive day (long but productive). We ended up having to replace the faucet on our sink and I swear if my dad was a cartoon character he would be Handy Manny. Only he wouldn't speak spanish. He walks around my house and fixes things I didn't even know were broke. He is checking every light bulb, every door lock, every sink and toilet. I love when he comes over.

Gotta run baby crying. Gotta go give her some hugs and kisses. Love my life =)

No comments:

Post a Comment